Thursday, October 9, 2014

Tips and tricks to tone

This month is the anniversary of the start of my weight loss journey. I say weight loss but really my ultimate goal is to be healthy and happy with my body. One year ago I committed to myself that I would do just that. Now I want to share a few tips I've picked up over the year that have kept me going even if I am feeling lazy. 

1. The commercial plank

Tuesdays are really long days for me at work and I do not always get a chance to go to the gym. When I settle in to watch new girl and the mindy project (hilarious btw) I hold a plank for the duration of each commercial break. This will keep your core engaged and metabolism going while you sleep.

2. Eat more kale

Kale is such a great green to incorporate into your diet. I could eat it raw, but for those of you who cannot just chop some up to add into your soups or steamed veggies. I eat kale in almost every meal. It is filling and packed with nutrients.

3. Drink more water

I hear this all the time. I always think yeah I drink plenty. In order for you to lose weight you need to drink half your body weight in ounces. Try counting out your water for the day. You will be surprised how much more you need to drink.

More tips to come, but these are my all time favorite and the ones that definitely work.

No comments:

Post a Comment